Guided Cycle Tours around Dublin
Join us for a guided social cycle on Sunday 27th April with ECF delegates from around Europe! There is a choice of three routes all starting at the Phoenix Park.
We will meet at the Phoenix Park Bike Hire at 9.30am for a 10am start.
The routes and distances are: Route 1 - the Lucan Cycle (35km), Route 2 - the Fingal Cycle (13km), Route 3 - the Dun Laoghaire / Dalkey Cycle (21km).
South Dublin Cycle – 35km
- Phoenix Park to the Grand Canal via Conynghmam Road, Islandbridge and South Circular Road.
- Grand Canal Towpath to the Griffeen Valley Park.
- Griffeen River through the Park to Lucan Village and then out the Newcastle Road
- Lunch break - soup and sandwiches (subsidised) at Finnstown Country House.
- Back along the Grand Canal towpath to the Phoenix Park.
Fingal Cycle - 13km
- Cycle along the Quays to Connolly Station.
- Train from Connolly 11.25am, arrives Skerries 12:00
- South Strand to Ardgillan Castle along the Coast
- Ardgillan cycle circuit as far as Lady’s Stairs and exit there back onto the Coast
- View site for planned new cycle track from Balbriggan to Barnageeragh
- Return to Skerries Mills for lunch
- Overview of the proposed Fingal Coast & Castle Way
- View the Harbour
- Return train from Skerries to city, 16.06
Dun Laoghaire Cycle - 21km
- Phoenix Park
- Connolly Station
- Samuel Beckett bridge
- Grand Canal Square
- Along Grand Canal cycle track to Lesson St Bridge
- Clyde Road to Ballsbridge
- Merrion Road / Merrion Gates
- Booterstown Nature Reserve
- Blackrock Park
- Blackrock Contraflow
- Seapoint Martello / Viewing area
- Dun Laoghaire
- The Metals
- Dalkey Village
- Lunch break at the Queens Pub
- Dart train (return to city centre)
Help us do more for cycling in Dublin, please consider getting involved.